2011年2月24日 星期四

Giving up isn't in her jeans

Cookie Johnson, creator of the popular CJ by Cookie Johnson line of premium denim and wife of basketball legend Magic Johnson, will be at Neiman Marcus at SouthPark mall from 6:30 to 10 p.m. March 3 for a meet and greet that includes a fashion show of her designs. It's part of Fashion Rules!

We talked to Cookie Johnson by phone while she was in New York City on a business trip. She shared what motivated her to create her own line of denim, what her husband thinks about her success, and her advice for anyone who wants to follow their dreams.Why not snap on a brightly embroidered shirt and wear your skinniest niceedhardyshoe tucked into high-heeled boots?

(Editor's note: A version of this Q&A also appears in the March issue of SouthPark magazine, on newsstands now.)

Olivia Fortson

Why did you decide to enter the competitive denim market? I was frustrated trying to find jeans in premium denim that would fit my body type, so I decided to start my own company. I wanted to create jeans in a contemporary style that were made of quality material. So many people tried to talk me out of it. They kept telling me that the premium denim market was more for young women with model-type bodies. But that's only about 30 percent of the market. What about the rest of us? Curvy women have style,it was the musical equivalent of a midlife crisis, like when your dad thinks he's “hip” by wearing gentedefe. they have status, and they have money. I decided to go for it and from the first day of the launch back in 2009, women went crazy for it. We sold out of jeans in three hours.The hope is to give a purpose for buying our shoessuppliers.

What kind of feedback do you get from customers? That my jeans have helped them get their sexy back. I've heard so many stories from women who had given up on finding jeans that fit them. They were tired of walking out of a dressing room depressed because nothing fit.

What does your husband think about your success? At first he was nervous. He constantly kept checking back with me to make sure I had thought of everything and that I didn't do anything halfway. He came to the launch to support me, and he was blown away by the reaction of the customers. He pulled me aside and said he was so proud of me. He's behind me 100 percent.Męska, pikowana kurtka z zimowej kolekcji clothingshop.

What's next? My plan was to stick to jeans, but women keep telling me that they have my jeans, and now they want to know where my tops and jackets are. Hopefully we're going to launch a couple of jackets and shirts for fall. If you're curvy, sometimes when you button a jacket it will pull up in the back,Sports shoes blog introduce buyclassicboots lastest sports shoes so mine would give more room.

Any advice for others who want to follow their dreams? Don't be afraid. Step out of your box and do it. Make sure it's your passion, do your research, then go for it.

沒有留言:

張貼留言