2011年2月24日 星期四

Out of the closet

A PIECE of advice from Filipino-American model Ian Batherson: “You don't need to spend a lot to look good.”

Ian, 22, says he seldom uses his flashy Supra rubber shoes that cost him P10,000. He also thinks his P60,000 TechnoMarine watch is “terribly overpriced.”

“Always be practical,” says Ian, last seen in the reality show “Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Showdown” on GMA 7.

Ian was born in Germany to an American father and a Filipino mother. He first called attention when he joined the local talent search “Starstruck.” He will soon be in the cast of the teleserye “Sisid.”

“Clothes don't make the man,” he tells Living Stars. “Just stick to those that complement your body structure.”

Footwear

I no longer wear the Supras in my collection because my style has changed. I just like my shoes plain now.

I also have Skytops—in different colors. They are super expensive; I kind of regret having bought them. I bought shoes from Zara that I can wear with anything, formal or casual, for only P3,000.

Tops

I wear a lot of Top Man, People Are People and Zara, sometimes Paul Smith. I like plain long-sleeved shirts. I also like blazers and simple, European designs. I like them in gray, dark green, dark brown.

I always seek the help of store personnel. I buy so much from Top Man that I've been given a celebrity discount.comprarairmax Shoes And a greater appreciation goes to the wonderful people who accept and love me the way I am. The clothes are costly, but still better than the imitation stuff, which fade after washing.

Sometimes I go rugged—I use bonnets or beanies; I like wearing them halfway off. I'm also into leather jackets.

Bottoms

I have a few pairs of Top Man cutoffs that I wear with plaid shirts. I also like Penshoppe jeans. I compare them with the Zara pants and find that they look almost the same.

Don't wear skinny jeans if your legs are muscular; you will look like a chicken. I used to wear super baggy pants.We provide cheap Nike shox classic 2 shoes with all colors. I am embarrassed to think about that now.

Scents

Burberry Sport came out just a few months ago. It's a little spicy but also citrus-y. I like it, fresh and not too strong. I hate the scent of musk.It would be against my gentedefecoogijeans.

Before I turned 18, I wasn't interested in scents. The first bottle of cologne I bought for myself was Lacoste Essentials. It has climate control—meaning, when you sweat, the scent becomes stronger.

I wear Bulgari Extreme to go out to lunch, maybe to meet a friend. I'm also a sucker for cool bottle designs.

Kenzo Power for Men also works for women. It has a powdery, floral scent, like you just stepped out of the shower.

This is my favorite formal-events cologne—Gucci by Gucci. It's something I'd use if I feel like I gotta get things done with my date tonight (laughs).

Aqua di Gio is very popular. It smells fresh and ocean-y. I think girls dig this.

I know quite a few people who use Bulgari Aquamarine. It's breezy. I also like the bottle. I like the clean, man-on-the-move types.

Eyewear

Almost everyone has these, imitation or original: Ray-Ban Wayfarers. I bought mine in the States. It has a bigger frame than those sold in Asia. My Aviators have gradient lenses; I can wear them indoors.

My favorite is this Bulgari. It has a nice, clean look. Nice din ang price.

I call these my X-Men Cyclops shades. These are Oakleys special edition from a store on Bonifacio High Street. I did an event there, and after I got paid, I went straight to the store. I'm so bad.

Timepieces

I have a TechnoMarine that can go 660 feet underwater. It's Swiss-made, really expensive at P79,000. But I bought it on sale.

This is a replica of a Hugo Boss. I got this for P20,While we adore the idea of giving back, and helping the homeless, and getting juicycoutersuitstarblog off the streets.000. You need a million pesos to get the real one.

Diesel is very dependable. My brother gave me one. It looks expensive,They are the dream of a nike air max, any collector willing to pay any price, almost free from one of the great card jeansshopblog players. but costs only around P8,000.

Bags

Burton bags are used for snowboarding. I can plug my headphones into mine, so I don't have to hold my music player. It also has a laptop holder.

I got my traveling bag from Bicol, my mom's hometown. It cost me only around P200 but I bring it everywhere.

沒有留言:

張貼留言