2011年3月17日 星期四

American Idol Recap: Meet Your Top 12

And then... there were 12. I mean, we all know the 13th contestant was an irrelevant extra, right? Oh well, poor diva Ashton sang her swan song last week. Read the following to see who will probably be next.

Contestant: Naima Adedapo Song: Whats Love Got To Do With It

Wardrobe: I get that she's supposed to represent the cultural, African flavor girl of the bunch but can she at least match her colors just a little? Or have her ponytail sit on top of her head without looking like a live bird who's trying to fly away? Sorry girl, I would normally like your style but its just a bit too much right now. Tone it down a little.

Performance: Hmm.. that was a little too Rihanna-induced for me. I swear its like a Glee mash-up of What's My Name and Whats Love Got to Do With It. I half expected Drizzy Drake to come out and bust a rhyme.

Contestant: Paul McDonald Song: I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues

Wardrobe: I like the lavender collared shirt and the string tie is cute too. The skinny jeans are too tight for my liking though. Let those bad boys breathe Paul!

Performance: He's been dubbed by Steven Tyler as the "Cool dude with a loose mood." I get that. And at times, I totally dig it. But for christ sake man, stand still for a few minutes! Watching you perform makes me feel like I drank a lot of Rum but I haven't had any at all! I love, love, love the tone of your voice and I'm feeling the country, blues vibe.I'm a small investor in a startup company deploying a podiatrist-patented method for adding comfort to high-fashion, high-heel shoes for women. I just don't want to feel nauseated watching you perform.

Contestant: Thia Megia Song: Colors of the Wind

Wardrobe: I would have preferred her hair pulled back a little just to see her feather earring more. It would have sold the whole Pocahontas theme better. The dress could have been sexy... on a voluptuous girl, but on her.Buy Knee High Boots with a price guarantee and top rated customer service...eh, simply no. She's your typical cute Asian girl, so why is she wearing this outfit that does nothing for her?!

Performance: Bo-ring. Yep, that's it. That's all I have to say. Am I really supposed to believe that was the best song in 1995 that she could choose?! Ugh. This is my biggest pet peeve about young singers. No knowledge of music history equals stupid song choices. SMH

Contestant: James Durbin Song: I'll Be There For You

Wardrobe: Still coming off as a wannabe-Adam Lambert with the hairdo. But I like the brown leather jacket and studded boots. Please get rid of the dangling cloth. It has no purpose whatsoever!! It just annoys me. And the earring, yeah... it still reminds me of George Michael.

Performance: I had high expectations for this coz I'm a major Bon Jovi fan, especially with this song. But I have to say it was actually better than I expected. He definitely gave it his all. A little pitchy at times but he found his way through it.

Contestant: Hailey Reinhart Song: I'm Your Baby Tonight

Wardrobe: Love the red blouse and minimalistic black tights with the pumps. The red lipstick was a little all over your face but hey, it happens to the best of us, girl. The gold earrings were a nice accessory and the whole look just fit well with the era of your song choice.

Performance: It was shaky, but I love the jazz influence she tried to put in there. Yes, she was a little awkward in her movement, yes it could have been a little more controlled. But overall, it had mad potential and when she figures out how to be comfortable onstage, she'll be a definite contender.

Contestant: Stefano Langone Song: If You Don't Know Me By Now

Wardrobe: He definitely knows how to dress. The pink shirt,More information about nike air max 97 shoes including release dates and prices. white kicks, and stylish jeans work well on him. For once, he doesn't look like he's trying too hard or wearing something made by Ed Hardy. I might actually see what J-Lo sees in that pretty boy face.

Performance: An excellent song choice!! Finally! Good for you Stefano. You hit every note except that last one (which was unnecessary to begin with). The phrasing was on point and you actually connected with the song. It definitely showed and you kicked ass. Randy said it was the best performance of the night. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with "the Dog."

Contestant: Pia Toscano Song: Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

Wardrobe: The white, off the shoulder, one piece jumpsuit is not cute girl. You look like a poor man's J-Lo. SMH

Performance: The vocals were good. But I was too distracted by the horrid arrangement.This is the new nike air max 90 in Pecan, Black and Varsity Royal. Why turn this beautiful classic Whitney ballad into a second-rate disco version of what it really is?! Regardless, I still do not see why this girl has made it this far. There is nothing remotely distinct or special about her. I mean yeah, Ashton was a diva but at least she had a personality. Either way, Pia is not wow-ing me at all.

Contestant: Scotty McCreery Song: Can I Trust You With My Heart?

Wardrobe: He's wearing jeans, a shirt, and a light brown jacket. So simple and all-American, yet he is positively adorable. A little bit Eric Forman, a little bit country... I like it. His blue shirt matches perfectly with his blue eyes too. Nice touch.

Performance: I still can't believe he's not an older man when I hear him sing. His voice is so deep and rich, and yet he makes it look effortless. I love the song choice. I know I'm biased coz I'm a country girl, but I'm truly smitten. You can totally trust me with your heart, Scotty. Stay country. Love it.

Contestant: Karen Rodriguez Song: Love Will Lead You Back

Wardrobe: She is wearing a dress that only Fergie would wear at a crazy, space age-themed BEP concert. (No, that's not a compliment in case you were wondering). Her hair is like a bump-it that imploded if it was a hatch on the island of Lost. Her earrings are big enough to strangle babies. I'm obviously not into it. I know she sang a Selena song but does she have to dress like her too? It's 2011, seniorita.

Performance: Good song choice. I was actually impressed and feeling it until... the god awful Spanish crept its way back like a bed intruder in the projects. Needless to say,Air max 2009 Running Shoe Flex grooves in the mid and outsole for flexibility. it ruined it for me. Let's be real girl, this isn't Spanish Idol. ENOUGH with the Spanish!!!!!!!

Contestant: Casey Abrams Song: Smells Like Teen Spirit

Wardrobe: He's like a mini Zach Galifianakis. Especially with that handkerchief around his neck. At times I wish he'd have a more interesting style since he is so unique musically. Maybe we can get him a stylist by the time he makes it to the top 5?

Performance: First of all, mad props for doing Nirvana on Idol. He started off slow, but nailed the grunge at the end. He's "crazy and talented" as Steven Tyler said. It wasn't the best performance of the night or even his best performance personally, but it still rocked. This kid is entertaining enough to watch in any venue no matter what he sings.

Contestant: Lauren Alaina Song: I'm The Only One

Wardrobe: Cute jacket! I like this girl's style. She's country trendy but not in an obnoxious way. She picks the right pieces and manages to look hip and classy. I could do without the two-toned hair though.

Performance: Another suitable song choice. I was worried the flu would take over, but she held her own. And that's not easy channeling Melissa Ethridge. I do think the raspy voice helped her in this situation. But she's a talented girl and I think she deserves to make it to the next round more than some of these other girls.

Contestant: Jacob Lusk Song: Alone

Wardrobe: Hmmm... I don't know about that jacket. It's like a military jacket / blazer that is confused about its identity. Did that even make sense? I've been watching this show for too long...

Performance: Sigh. I think he's a talented singer. He can sing every note known to man but does he really have to? Also, can we get more of a progression instead of this beginning, jump to loud shouting, and then the end?? I'm like, completely lost. The judges liked that?! I wanna root for you Jacob but please... calm down with your runs. You'd make Xtina blush.

Tune in tomorrow to see which poor schmuck bites the dust.

沒有留言:

張貼留言