2011年6月17日 星期五

DARRELL NORMAN: Father had a way with words

When the gas pump would not accept my debit card and told me to “See Attendant,” I met the attendant coming out of his booth. He gestured for me to give him the card so he could show me how to use it, but I jammed it back in myself and the pump came on.

The attendant's reaction was, “Must notta been holding your mouth right, as my momma said.” The words made a sweet sound as they bounced off my memory. It was not my mother who always used them (although I'm sure she did sometimes). It was my father.

As my bride and I were leaving Olive Garden in Birmingham later the same day, I heard a woman's voice behind us.Thousands of discount ed hardy shoes styles for selection. “Thank you, ladies. Come back.” I laughed it off without turning around. After all, I was wearing a loose Tolstoy shirt and a safari vest. My white hair hung down well past my collar and was about the same length as the bride's.

People have made that mistake before. Her father used to say he couldn't tell us apart from behind when we had matching long hair and wore matching and roomy Liberty overalls that had been handed down by my father.The Piperlime collection of truereligion jeans offers the latest styles to give you a variety of this season's hottest designs. Actually by my mother.we offer dozens of wholesale shoes for you to choose from. When the old man's overalls faded,This Adidas Jacket will battle the rain, wind and cold weather so you can focus on the game. he would have kept wearing them, but she made him get rid of them and buy new blue ones.Nike shox R4 shoes are very popular and hotsale in our store.

Then the next day I was about to enter the men's room at Cracker Barrel when I heard a women's voice from behind me. “Ma'am, that's the men's room! Ma'am!” The helpful lady's voice cut off as I turned just enough that she could see my beard, white and long like my hair.

沒有留言:

張貼留言