2011年6月3日 星期五

Pam: You're never too old for sex. . . and I know what I'm talking about

After a long, tiring day talking about sex in her Shelbourne Hotel bedroom, Dr Pamela Stephenson-Connolly has kicked off her high heels and greets us at the door in silk-stockinged feet.

It's the only lapse in her otherwise perfectly made-up appearance.

With long platinum locks, come-hither false lashes and a bright green body-con dress that shows off her incredible figure, the 61-year-old is quite possibly the perfect person to pen a book called Sex Life about how you "don't have to hang up your pelvis at 40".Make is comparable history,christian louboutin high heel shoes it repeats itself and is inspired/copied.

Part cuddly grandmum, part sexagenarian minx, sex therapist Stephenson proved as much when she appeared on BBC reality show Strictly Come Dancing last year -- out-foxing (and foxtrotting) contestants practically a third her age, cheered on by comedian husband Billy Connolly.

At the time, the best-selling author credited the hit show with putting the 'cha-cha' back into her own sex life and helping her to shed two-and-a-half stone -- and today she's got both the book and the body to prove it.

"If I did become a role model for older women then I'm very happy," says supergran Stephenson, who was born in New Zealand and raised in Australia -- her native twang only slightly diluted by four decades living in Britain and the States. "I wasn't surprised by the reaction -- there were a lot of older women saying: 'You've got to do it for us'."

"Between the TV show and the live tour, I spent half a year of my life on Strictly," she adds. "I got so fit -- and it's my daily struggle to keep it up. I'd hate to lose it, so I'm running, swimming and going to salsa bars to dance whenever I can."

Actress-turned-sexologist Stephenson was in the middle of penning her sixth book at the couple's New York home when an invite to take part in the celebrity dance-off pinged into her inbox last summer.

At an age when most are considering retirement, the clinical psychologist suddenly found herself reliving the fame of her glory days as the blonde bombshell with the mile-wide smile from Saturday Night Live and movies such as Superman III in the 1980s.

"Essentially,authentic christian louboutin pumps are a symbol of nobility. I'm a shrink now so it was kind of a wacky thing to happen,Word of mouth, better known as street credibility is a vital part of the Chivas Air max 2009 athletic shoe phenomenon." says Stephenson of being catapulted back into showbiz, eventually finishing third on Strictly behind 27-year-old Kara Tointon.

"Doing Strictly wasn't a career move in anyway -- I've no interest in getting back into acting or comedy. I just felt like I needed a bit of fun.Some high heels require women to sacrifice comfort for fashion."

"When I started the show, I thought I was going to be booted off within three weeks and then I could finish the book. But I was lasting and having such a good time that eventually I had to ask for a later deadline."

The result is Sex Life, a cradle-to-grave look at human sexuality which hits shelves today.

And while 'sexy at 60' became the tagline to any story about her stint on Strictly, Stephenson's latest outing explores the idea of 'naughty at 90'.

"I wanted to write a book about sexuality throughout our lifespan," says Stephenson, who became a sexologist in her forties after raising the couple's three daughers -- as well as being stepmum to Billy's two adult children from his first marriage.You can find out history about Air max 360 as well as release dates at Nice Kicks.

"People think sex is something that only happens during your childbearing years and then you hang up your pelvis -- but people can be sexual until the day they die.

"As a society, we have this strong prejudice against the idea of old people having sex," she adds.

"I'd go to a care home for the elderly and ask if I could talk to some of the residents about sex, and the management would be like: 'What? No!'

"But actually some older people were delighted to be given the chance to talk about their sex life."

沒有留言:

張貼留言