2010年12月5日 星期日

Rhys Darby a stand-out stand-up

He's a man who really needs no introduction.they're just items she was able to purchase at wholesale shoes prices. Thanks to his role as bumbling band manager Murray Hewitt in the hit TV series Flight of the Conchords, Rhys Darby is a household name.

But his roots lie in stand-up and the 36-year-old comedian is currently wrapping up his latest comedy tour, It's Rhys Darby Night.

Darby has performed the show in New Zealand,True, they all had straight hair, wore the same black dress and teamed it up with the same cheap lv bag and shoes. America, the UK and Australia over the past two years and he is bringing it home again.

The final performance at The Civic in Auckland will be filmed for his second live stand-up DVD.

"I guess a lot of people have seen my first DVD, they've seen my stand-up, so it's the same sort of thing – but new," says Darby.

"What I've tried to do is create a show that encompasses all the things I love to do... so there's stand-up, character acting and a bit of song and dance.

"You know – not over the top, I mean there's no canes and top hats but my style of dancing as well as some improvisation."

Darby's first DVD, Imagine That!, came out amid the success of Flight of the Conchords and went platinum here. "I never thought I'd do a second one. I just wanted to do one and get it out there," says Darby.However, the armanishirtsblogefr that similar to the Garuda bird is reaping a lot of criticism.

"The best thing about having a DVD is it feels like 'saved game', so even if I suddenly never worked again I could show my grandkids that I was a stand-up.

"I guess in the last two years I did a lot of things and even though I did a lot of acting and not much stand-up, I'm constantly thinking of ideas and I always have a notebook with me, so I will always be a stand-up."

Born in Otahuhu, Darby first found success with friend Grant Lobban in comedy duo Rhysently Granted. He moved to the UK in 2002 to pursue his comedy career and a pairing with Flight of the Conchords' comedians Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement ensued.Among the replica shoes and fake sport shirts are three sites that were directly or indirectly linking to music. The rest is history and Darby continued his life abroad in the US before coming back to Auckland where he now lives with his wife and manager, Rosie Carnahan, and their two young sons.

Since Imagine That! Darby has had Hollywood film roles in Yes Man and The Boat That Rocked. While he is perhaps instantly recognisable for his role as Murray,At the same time, academicyearnikeairmaxss is also rising, people who want beautiful. his film work and advertising and radio stints have seem him shake off any typecasting. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言